Classroom Law Project regularly provides workshops and trainings for educators and volunteers wishing to work with the inquiry-based We the People constitutional curriculum at any grade level. We hold various workshops throughout the year, so check here or our Events Page for updates and to register. If you would like to bring us to your school or district for training in We the People elementary, middle, or high school levels, please contact Cari Zall.
Registration is open!
September 14, 2019
9:00am – 12:30pm (Breakfast included)
Oregon State Bar
16037 SW Upper Boones Ferry Rd, Tigard, OR 97224
Facilitated by Classroom Law Project and Justice Jack Landau:
This workshop is intended for current or interested teachers and volunteer coaches who are planning or considering using the 2020 high school We the People Constitutional Questions (which will be released by the Center for Civic Ed at the end of August). This includes:
- Teachers and volunteer coaches who currently work with competition teams
- Teachers who currently teach We the People curriculum in high school
- Teachers or volunteers interested in using the We the People curriculum or participating in the program
At this pre-season workshop, participants will have the opportunity to:
- Collaborate together around the new questions
- Create a basic analysis and suggestion matrix for each Unit that can be shared with teachers and students around the state
- Receive guidance and get questions answered by veteran We the People leader and Justice of the Oregon Supreme Court, Jack Landau.
- Network and meet others who love the We the People curriculum and program!
Please join us as we pave the way for a new year of constitutional inquiry!