Congratulations to Lincoln High School for winning the Oregon State We the People Tournament!
2nd Place: Grant High School (also going to the National Tournament as a wild card)
3rd Place: Central Catholic High School
Teachers & Coaches: Please Join us on September 14, 2019 for a Collaborative Workshop to Discuss the 2020 Questions and the Competition Season!
September 14, 2019
Oregon State Bar
This landmark program engages upper elementary, middle, and high school students in a curriculum designed to foster understanding of American democracy, the Constitution, and Bill of Rights.
The culminating activity is a simulated congressional hearing in which students testify (while they test their knowledge and confidence) before a panel of volunteer attorneys, educators, and civic leaders. Regional competitions precede the state final, which determines the team that will represent Oregon at the national competition in Washington, D.C.
Look for the new WTP Competition Handbook coming soon!
2020 Oregon We the People Competition Season Calendar:
- August 31, 2019 – Official State Competition Questions Released
- September 4, 2019 – Regional Competition Team Registration Opens
- September 14, 2019 – Competitive Team Teacher & Coach Collaboration Workshop (OSB, Tigard)
- October 26, 2019 – Student led Scrimmages (location TBA)
- January 11, 2020 – Regional Competition (location TBA)
- January 25, 2020 – State Tournament (Hatfield Federal Courthouse)
- (Tentative) April 24-28 – National Tournament (Washington, DC)
- May 9, 2020 – Pre-Season Workshop for Teachers, Coaches & Rising Team