We the People: The Citizen & the Constitution
We the People is an active learning curriculum designed to foster deeper understanding of the U.S. Constitution, Bill of Rights, and the institutions of government. The culminating activity is a simulated congressional hearing in which students testify before a panel, answering questions that demonstrate their knowledge and confidence.
Ways We the People might work for you and your students:
- Inquiry-based constitutional curriculum for Upper Elementary – High School
- Upper Elementary hearings and showcases
- Middle School hearings and showcases
- High School hearings and showcases
- High School hearings competition
- Teacher Professional Development workshops & trainings
To inquire about these or other ways CLP can support We the People in your school or classroom, contact Cari Zall..
For additional resources, we recommend the Center for Civic Education, founder of the program.