The 2019 Law Day Student Conference:
Morning Session Workshops:
- Know Your Rights: Search, Seizure, You and the Police
- Speak your Truth: Activism in Your School (with the Bus Project!)
- Fake News, Social Media, and the Truth
- Does a Free Society include Net Neutrality?
- Immigration & Student Rights (a panel with immigration experts & students)
- Lobbying & Advocacy: Free Speech with Lawmakers
- Dress Codes & Political Speech in Schools
- Is Cyberbulling Free Speech?
Afternoon Session Workshops:
- Conversations about Race (with Judge Oden-Orr of the Multnomah County Circuit Court)
- Is a Free Press really Free? (a panel of reports from Willamette Week, the Mercury, the Oregonian, and the Portland Business Journal)
- Speech as Personal Power: Consent & the Law
- Speak Your Truth: Activism in your School (with the Bus Project!)
- Hate Speech & Free Speech: Where do they Meet? (with Randy Blazak, Chair of the Coalition Against Hate Crime)
- Lobbying & Networking: How to use speech to advocate for your values
- Mock Trial: Settling Conflicts in a Free Society
- Personal & Political Speech in the Workplace: is it Free?
- Protests & Demonstrations: Active Speech in Real Life