2020 Applications Open October 1, 2019!
The successful applicant:
- is an Oregon high school senior in good standing;
- participated in a Classroom Law Project (CLP) programs such as, but not limited to, Mock Trial, We the People (Con Team) or Project Citizen;
- demonstrates financial need;
- has a strong academic background demonstrated by GPA, SAT, or ACT;
- has applied and is intending to attend a college or university in the fall. Continuation of the scholarship after the first year will require continued good standing at the college or university attended by the applicant.
- will write an essay (no more than 600 words) about the Classroom Law Project program in which you participated, such as mock trial, We the People (Con Team), Project Citizen, etc., and
- how participation in CLP program(s) changed your views;
- how your background influenced your civic engagement, involvement, or activity; and/or
- how you see yourself as an active citizen in the future.
- It is recommended that applicants should finish their essay before filling out the application and label the file with their first and last name.