The 2021 Ridgley Scholarship application has closed.
The successful applicant:
- is an Oregon high school senior in good standing;
- participated in a civic education/engagement activity, project, or program in your classroom or as an extracurricular – including activities such as (but not limited to):
- Mock Trial
- We the People (Con Team)
- Project Citizen
- Law Day
- Courthouse Experience Tours
- Current Events
- demonstrates financial need;
- has a strong academic background demonstrated by GPA, SAT, or ACT;
- has applied and is intending to attend a college or university in the fall. Continuation of the scholarship after the first year will require continued good standing at the college or university attended by the applicant.
- will write an essay (no more than 1000 words) about your civic participation experience, and
- how your background influenced your civic engagement, involvement, or activity;
- how civic participation changed your views; and
- how you see yourself as an active citizen in the future.
- It is recommended that applicants should finish their essay before filling out the application and label the document file with their first and last name.
Please contact us if you have any questions.