The 2021 application will be available in late January.
The successful applicant:
- is an Oregon high school senior in good standing;
- participated in a civic education/engagement activity, project, or program in your classroom or as an extracurricular – including activities such as (but not limited to): Mock Trial, We the People (Con Team), Project Citizen, Law Day, Townhalls, etc.
- demonstrates financial need;
- has a strong academic background demonstrated by GPA, SAT, or ACT;
- has applied and is intending to attend a college or university in the fall. Continuation of the scholarship after the first year will require continued good standing at the college or university attended by the applicant.
- will write an essay (no more than 1000 words) about your civic participation experience, and
- how your background influenced your civic engagement, involvement, or activity;
- how civic participation changed your views; and
- how you see yourself as an active citizen in the future.
- It is recommended that applicants should finish their essay before filling out the application and label the document file with their first and last name.