The Bob & Marilyn Ridgley Scholarship application is available each year in early January.
The 2022 application period is closed.
The successful applicant:
- is an Oregon high school senior in good standing;
- participated in a civic education/engagement activity, project, or program in your classroom or as an extracurricular – including activities such as (but not limited to):
- Mock Trial
- We the People (Con Team)
- Project Citizen
- Law Day
- Courthouse Experience Tours
- Current Events
- demonstrates financial need;
- has a strong academic background demonstrated by GPA and other academic factors;
- has applied and is intending to attend a college or university in the fall. Continuation of the scholarship after the first year requires continued enrollment and academic good standing.
- submits an essay detailing civic participation experience, and
- how their background influenced civic engagement, involvement, or activity;
- how civic participation changed their views; and
- how they see themselves as an active citizen in the future.
- It is recommended that applicants complete their essay and save as a .doc or .pdf file before filling out the application; file name should include first and last name.
Please contact us if you have any questions.