Oregon has been participating in the National High School Mock Trial Competition (NHSMTC) since 1987, and Classroom Law Project is proud to be the state coordinator for Oregon’s competition.
2020 – 2021 Mock Trial Competition Calendar
September 14, 2020 – Case Materials Available NOW!
October 14, 2020 – Mock Trial Kickoff Press Conference (virtual) – Access the Event Recording
December 4, 2020 – Duck Pond Showdown – University of Oregon Mock Trial Invitational (virtual) –
December 18, 2020 – Mock Trial Registration Closes
February 2-18, 2021 – Regional Mock Trial Competitions (virtual)
March 12-13, 2021 – State Mock Trial Competition (virtual)
March 14, 2021 – State Mock Trial Final Round (virtual)
May 2021 – National High School Mock Trial Competition (dates and format TBD)
Oregon High School Mock Trial Competition Basics:
Please have ONE person (a teacher or coach) register per team.
You will need the following information to register:
- Team School
- Team School’s Address
- Team School’s County
- Primary Team Contact Person (Name, Address, Email, Phone)
- Names of all Team Attorney or other Coaches
- One Committed (whom you have already confirmed) Witness Judge who can serve at least 2 rounds in the Regional Competition (Name, Email, Phone Number, Address)
- Number of students on team
- Registration Fee (waived for first time teams)
- Starting the last week of January, Classroom Law Project hosts a Mock Trial Q&A page where team coaches can ask questions and get clarifications about the case and where CLP makes weekly announcements. Any stipulations made on the Q&A page supersede those in the originally published case.
- The Oregon High School Mock Trial Regional Competitions occur around the state the last week of February
- Current Mock Trial Regions:
- Lane County
- Deschutes County
- Jackson County
- Clackamas County
- Eastern Oregon
- Washington County
- Multnomah County
- Winners from the Regional Competitions then advance to the State Competition, usually held on a Friday and Saturday in early March.
- The winning team at the State Competition go on to compete at the National High School Mock Trial Competition.