Oregon has been participating in the National High School Mock Trial Competition (NHSMTC) since 1987, and Classroom Law Project is proud to be the state coordinator for Oregon’s competition.
Watch the 2020-21 Oregon State Championship round HERE.
The 2020-2021 Oregon High School Mock Trial Champion is Southridge High School! Southridge will advance to the National Competition May 13th-15th.
2020-2021 Top 5 Mock Trial Teams
First – Southridge High School
Second – Village Home
Third – West Linn High School
Fourth – St. Mary’s Academy
Fifth – St. Mary’s Academy
Oregon High School Mock Trial Competition Basics:
Please have ONE person (a teacher or coach) register per team.
You will need the following information to register:
- Team School
- Team School’s Address
- Team School’s County
- Primary Team Contact Person (Name, Address, Email, Phone)
- Names of all Team Attorney or other Coaches
- One Committed (whom you have already confirmed) Witness Judge who can serve at least 2 rounds in the Regional Competition (Name, Email, Phone Number, Address)
- Number of students on team
- Registration Fee (waived for first time teams)
- Starting the last week of January, Classroom Law Project hosts a Mock Trial Q&A page where team coaches can ask questions and get clarifications about the case and where CLP makes weekly announcements. Any stipulations made on the Q&A page supersede those in the originally published case.
- The Oregon High School Mock Trial Regional Competitions occur around the state the last week of February
- Current Mock Trial Regions:
- Lane County
- Deschutes County
- Jackson County
- Clackamas County
- Eastern Oregon
- Washington County
- Multnomah County
- Winners from the Regional Competitions then advance to the State Competition, usually held on a Friday and Saturday in early March.
- The winning team at the State Competition go on to compete at the National High School Mock Trial Competition.