Oregon has been participating in the National High School Mock Trial Competition (NHSMTC) since 1987, and Classroom Law Project is proud to be the state coordinator for Oregon’s competition.
Oregon High School Mock Trial Competition Basics:
- The Mock Trial case for the competition year is usually publicly released in late October or early November.
- Teams can register for the Mock Trial Regional Competition starting in October through the end of January.
- Starting the last week of January, Classroom Law Project hosts a Mock Trial Q&A page where team coaches can ask questions and get clarifications about the case and where CLP makes weekly announcements. Any stipulations made on the Q&A page supersede those in the originally published case.
- The Oregon High School Mock Trial Regional Competitions occur around the state the last week of February
- Current Mock Trial Regions:
- Lane County
- Deschutes County
- Jackson County
- Clackamas County
- Eastern Oregon
- Washington County
- Multnomah County
- Winners from the Regional Competitions then advance to the State Competition, usually held on a Friday evening & all day Saturday early March.
- The winning team at the State Competition go on to compete at the National High School Mock Trial Competition.
2019-2020 Mock Trial Competition
- October 1, 2019 – Registration for 2020 Competition Opens
- January 24, 2020 – Registration for 2020 Competition Closes
- January 24, 2020 – Mock Trial Q&A Page Opens
- February 14, 2020 -Mock Trial Q&A Form Closes
- February 22, 2020 – OR HS Mock Trial Regional Competitions
- March 6 & 7, 2020 – OR HS Mock Trial State Tournament (Evansville, IN)
Please have ONE person (a teacher or coach) register per team.
You will need the following information to register:
- Team School
- Team School’s Address
- Team School’s County
- Primary Team Contact Person (Name, Address, Email, Phone)
- Secondary Team Contact Person (Name, Address, Email, Phone)
- Names of all Team Attorney or other Coaches
- One Committed (whom you have already confirmed) Witness Judge who can serve at least 2 rounds in the Regional Competition (Name, Email, Phone Number, Address)
- Number of students on team
- Registration Fee (waived for first time teams)