Oregon has been participating in the National High School Mock Trial Competition (NHSMTC) since 1987, and Classroom Law Project is proud to be the state coordinator for Oregon’s competition. Registration for the 2020-2021 Oregon High School Mock Trial season will open in late September. Check back here for access to the registration form.
2020 – 2021 Mock Trial Competition Calendar
September 14, 2020 – Case Materials Available NOW!
**October 14, 2020 – Mock Trial Kickoff Press Conference (virtual)**
The Mock Trial Kickoff Press Conference has been postponed until October 14, 2020. If you have already registered, you do not need to register again to participate.
Late September 2020 – Mock Trial Registration Opens
October 24, 2020 – University of Oregon Mock Trial Invitational (virtual)
December 18, 2020 – Mock Trial Registration Closes
February 2-18, 2021 – Regional Mock Trial Competitions (virtual)
March 12-13, 2021 – State Mock Trial Competition (virtual)
May 2021 – National High School Mock Trial Competition (dates and format TBD)
Oregon High School Mock Trial Competition Basics:
Please have ONE person (a teacher or coach) register per team.
You will need the following information to register:
- Team School
- Team School’s Address
- Team School’s County
- Primary Team Contact Person (Name, Address, Email, Phone)
- Names of all Team Attorney or other Coaches
- One Committed (whom you have already confirmed) Witness Judge who can serve at least 2 rounds in the Regional Competition (Name, Email, Phone Number, Address)
- Number of students on team
- Registration Fee (waived for first time teams)
- Starting the last week of January, Classroom Law Project hosts a Mock Trial Q&A page where team coaches can ask questions and get clarifications about the case and where CLP makes weekly announcements. Any stipulations made on the Q&A page supersede those in the originally published case.
- The Oregon High School Mock Trial Regional Competitions occur around the state the last week of February
- Current Mock Trial Regions:
- Lane County
- Deschutes County
- Jackson County
- Clackamas County
- Eastern Oregon
- Washington County
- Multnomah County
- Winners from the Regional Competitions then advance to the State Competition, usually held on a Friday and Saturday in early March.
- The winning team at the State Competition go on to compete at the National High School Mock Trial Competition.