Oregon has been participating in the National High School Mock Trial Competition (NHSMTC) since 1987, and Classroom Law Project is proud to be the state coordinator for Oregon’s competition.
Registration is open for the 2021-22 Mock Trial Regional Competition!
The 2021-2022 Mock Trial case materials are now available.
Click here to download this year’s case.
2021-22 Mock Trial Season Dates
September 10 – Registration opens
September 17 – Case released
October 14 – Virtual Mock Trial Season Kickoff Event
December 4 – Duckpond Showdown hosted by Oregon University
February 5 – 26 – Mock Trial Regional Competitions – schedule TBD
March 12 & 13 – Mock Trial State Competition
May 5 – 7 – Mock Trial National Competition
For more information about Mock Trial, please contact Chris Parrucci.
Oregon High School Mock Trial Competition Basics:
Please have ONE person (a teacher or coach) register per team.
You will need the following information to register:
- Team School
- Team School’s Address
- Team School’s County
- Primary Team Contact Person (Name, Address, Email, Phone)
- Names of all Team Attorney or other Coaches
- One Committed (whom you have already confirmed) Witness Judge who can serve at least 2 rounds in the Regional Competition (Name, Email, Phone Number, Address)
- Number of students on team
- Registration Fee (waived for first time teams)
- Starting the last week of January, Classroom Law Project hosts a Mock Trial Q&A page where team coaches can ask questions and get clarifications about the case and where CLP makes weekly announcements. Any stipulations made on the Q&A page supersede those in the originally published case.
- The Oregon High School Mock Trial Regional Competitions occur around the state in February
- Current Mock Trial Regions:
- Lane County
- Deschutes County
- Jackson County
- Clackamas County
- Eastern Oregon
- Washington County
- Multnomah County
- Winners from the Regional Competitions then advance to the State Competition, usually held on in early March.
- The winning team at the State Competition goes on to compete at the National High School Mock Trial Competition.