2020 Oregon High School Mock Trial Regional Competition Results
Congratulations to all the teams who participated!
Oregon has been participating in the National High School Mock Trial Competition (NHSMTC) since 1987, and Classroom Law Project is proud to be the state coordinator for Oregon’s competition.
Team Registration is CLOSED for the 2020 Mock Trial Competition.
Customized Mock Trial T-shirts are available now! These make fantastic holiday gifts for mock trial students or can be a way to show team unity. All profits made on t-shirt sales go to support the Oregon High School Mock Trial Competition. Shirts are available in a wide variety of styles and colors.
Oregon High School Mock Trial Competition Basics:
2019-2020 Mock Trial Competition
- February 22, 2020 – OR HS Mock Trial Regional Competitions
- March 6 & 7, 2020 – OR HS Mock Trial State Tournament (Portland, OR)
- May 7-10, 2020 – National Mock Trial Competition (Evansville, IN)
Please have ONE person (a teacher or coach) register per team.
You will need the following information to register:
- Team School
- Team School’s Address
- Team School’s County
- Primary Team Contact Person (Name, Address, Email, Phone)
- Names of all Team Attorney or other Coaches
- One Committed (whom you have already confirmed) Witness Judge who can serve at least 2 rounds in the Regional Competition (Name, Email, Phone Number, Address)
- Number of students on team
- Registration Fee (waived for first time teams)
- Starting the last week of January, Classroom Law Project hosts a Mock Trial Q&A page where team coaches can ask questions and get clarifications about the case and where CLP makes weekly announcements. Any stipulations made on the Q&A page supersede those in the originally published case.
- The Oregon High School Mock Trial Regional Competitions occur around the state the last week of February
- Current Mock Trial Regions:
- Lane County
- Deschutes County
- Jackson County
- Clackamas County
- Eastern Oregon
- Washington County
- Multnomah County
- Winners from the Regional Competitions then advance to the State Competition, usually held on a Friday and Saturday in early March.
- The winning team at the State Competition go on to compete at the National High School Mock Trial Competition.