Oregon has been participating in the National High School Mock Trial Competition (NHSMTC) since 1987, and Classroom Law Project is proud to be the state coordinator for Oregon’s competition.
2022-23 Mock Trial Competition Case – Access Here
Mock Trial participants are invited to attend a free virtual workshop: Persuasion & Advocacy Skills for Students on December 7. Register HERE!
2022-23 Mock Trial Season Dates
August 18, 2022 – Mock Trial Teacher & Coach Meeting
September 2, 2022 – Mini Mock Case Release
September 6 , 2022 – Mock Trial registration opens (closes 12/16)
September 15, 2022 – Mini Mock registration opens (closes 10/24)
October 7, 2022 – Mock Trial Competition Case released
November 5, 2022 – Mini Mock Event
November 17, 2022 – Mock Trial Season Kickoff Event
February 2023 – Mock Trial Regional Competitions (dates vary, TBD)
March 2023 – Mock Trial State Competition
May 18-20, 2023 – National High School Mock Trial Competition
Have feedback? We want to hear from the Oregon Mock Trial community on how to make the competition the best it can be. If you have something to share, please complete the Mock Trial Competition Feedback Form.
Oregon High School Mock Trial Competition Basics:
Please have ONE person (a teacher or coach) register per team.
You will need the following information to register:
- Team School
- Team School’s Address
- Team School’s County
- Primary Team Contact Person (Name, Address, Email, Phone)
- Names of all Team Attorney or other Coaches
- One Committed (whom you have already confirmed) Witness Judge who can serve at least 2 rounds in the Regional Competition (Name, Email, Phone Number, Address)
- Number of students on team
- Registration Fee (waived for first time teams)
- Starting the last week of January, Classroom Law Project hosts a Mock Trial Q&A page where team coaches can ask questions and get clarifications about the case and where CLP makes weekly announcements. Any stipulations made on the Q&A page supersede those in the originally published case.
- The Oregon High School Mock Trial Regional Competitions occur around the state in February
- Winners from the Regional Competitions then advance to the State Competition, usually held on in early March.