“Mini-Mock” is a friendly, non-scored practice run for High School Mock Trial teams. Mini-Mock gives teams a chance to practice their courtroom moves with a different case from the main competition case of the year. Students receive feedback from judges and get a feel for how they work together as a team in the trial environment. Currently, the main Mini-Mock is held at the Multnomah County Courthouse in downtown Portland.
The 2019 Mini-Mock:
Registration is Closed. Teams will be notified by September 12th of registration status.
November 16, 2019 – Exact Times TBD
Multnomah County Courthouse
* Registration for Mini-Mock will open on August 30. The registration will be short because Mini-mock has a limited capacity for teams participating. Schools are requested to limit themselves to 2 teams maximum. Depending on capacity, a third team may be able to join a wait-list. Registration is first-come, first-served.
* Each team must designate one Witness Judge who will attend Mini-Mock.
* On Mini-Mock day, rules of the Courthouse must be followed.
General Rules for Mini-Mock Event:
- Mini-Mock consists of two rounds and Teams will be pre-notified of their courtrooms for each round.
- Teams will be notified at what time entry to the Courthouse will be allowed (based on Courthouse business hours).
- There is NO eating or drinking in the courtrooms.
- Teams are responsible to clean up the courtroom they are in before leaving.