“Mini-Mock” is a friendly, non-scored practice run for High School Mock Trial teams. Mini-Mock gives teams a chance to practice their courtroom moves with a different case from the main competition case of the year. Students receive feedback from judges and get a feel for how they work together as a team in the trial environment. Currently, the main Mini-Mock is held at the Multnomah County Courthouse in downtown Portland.
Limited Mini-Mock registration window: September 24-30, 2018
All slots have been filled. If you would like to be added to the waitlist, please contact Cari Zall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The registration window is necessarily short because Mini-mock has a limited capacity for teams participating. Schools are requested to limit themselves to 2 teams maximum. Depending on capacity, a third team may be able to join a wait-list. Registration is first-come, first-served.
The 2018 Mini-Mock:
Friday, November 16, 2018
Multnomah County Courthouse
2018 Mini Mock Case: Mia Perez v. Shannon Dempsey, Jordan Reddick, and Rubicon Soccer Club, Inc.
* In September, Classroom Law Project will send out a notice of the registration window for Mini-Mock. The registration window is necessarily short because Mini-mock has a limited capacity for teams participating. Schools are requested to limit themselves to 2 teams maximum. Depending on capacity, a third team may be able to join a wait-list. Registration is first-come, first-served.
* Classroom Law Project will then announce and provide the designated Mini-Mock Case here on the Mini-Mock webpage.
* Each team must designate one Community/Education judge that will attend Mini-Mock.
* On Mini-Mock evening, rules for the Courthouse must be followed.
General Rules for Mini-Mock Event:
- Mini-Mock consists of two rounds and Teams will be pre-notified of their courtrooms for each round.
- Teams will be notified at what time entry to the Courthouse will be allowed (based on Courthouse business hours).
- There is NO eating or drinking in the courtrooms.
- Teams are responsible to clean up the courtroom they are in before leaving.
- Everyone must be out of the Courthouse by 9:00pm.