Your students will see the law come alive during a CLP Courthouse Tour! Your day begins in one of the lovely courtrooms at the historic Gus Solomon Federal Courthouse, where your guide will orient you on what to expect from the tour. You will then watch hearings, trials, and other courtroom drama at both the Justice Center and the Multnomah County Circuit Court.
Nothing can come close to the real-life interactions students will observe between judges, attorneys, and their clients in these courthouses. The Courthouse Tour will provide you and your students with topics to discuss long after this exciting field trip to downtown Portland.
Courthouse Tour Basics:
- Tours are available to students grades 5 – 12.
- Tours are offered Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays throughout the school year.
- Tours begin at approximately 9:00am and go to around noon.
- Each tour day can accommodate up to 60 students.
- There must be at least 1 adult chaperone per 8 students on the tour.
- Tours are subject to Courthouse rules and docket schedules.
If you have any questions or need to cancel your tour, please contact Mackendree Thompson, Program & Development Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.