Benefits of attending as a Civic Scholar:
- Sponsorship by your Oregon Representative or Senator and the opportunity to connect with them directly
- Your registration for the conference is free
- You will receive a mileage stipend based on your attendance and distance traveled
- Classroom Law Project will reimburse you for substitute coverage, should you need it
- Lodging is provided for those who need to travel to attend
How it works:
- You must be an Oregon educator to be eligible for Civic Scholar benefits
- Register for the Oregon Civics Conference for Teachers and identify your Oregon State legislators on the form
- The first 3 educators to register as Civic Scholars in each Oregon House or Senate district will be assigned to the legislator who represents them
- Legislators are also invited to nominate outstanding educators from their district.
- Classroom Law Project will provide you the contact information to send a thank you note to your Legislative Sponsor
- Come and enjoy the best conference of the year!
Please contact us if you have any questions.