Announcing the Peter & Leslie Richter Civic Educator of the Year Award
With the support of a generous gift from Peter and Leslie Richter, we are thrilled to announce that the annual award now includes a $2,000 prize for the recipient.
Nominations close September 30, 2022.
(scroll down for nomination form)
To nominate a candidate:
- You must personally know your nominee – direct experience of their professional contributions is recommended
- You must be able to explain and/or provide evidence of the above qualifications when you complete the nomination form
- You do not need to inform your nominee you have submitted, but you cannot submit anonymously
- Nominations are open June 1 – September 30. Scroll down for nomination form.
The Peter & Leslie Richter Civic Educator of the Year Honoree:
- Is a K-12 educator in Oregon
- Has participated in Classroom Law Project programs for at least 5 years
- Has participated in training other educators or assisting other educators with resources & regularly shares their expertise to help others in their professional community
- Actively collaborates with colleagues, students, families, & other stakeholders to create a strong culture of Civic Education & Engagement
- Has the respect and admiration of students, parents, colleagues, and the community
- Inspires creativity, critical thinking, active learning, and civic participation
- Is nominated by a colleague, administrator, community member, or participant of a Classroom Law Project program
- Is honored at the annual Oregon Civics Conference for Teachers in December and at Classroom Law Project’s Legal Citizen of the Year Award & Celebration
Civic Educator of the Year Nomination