Do you know an outstanding civics teacher?
Now accepting nominations for the
2021-22 Civic Educator of the Year Award
To nominate a Civic Educator of the Year:
- You must personally know your nominee – direct experience of their professional contributions is recommended
- You must be able to explain and/or provide evidence of the above qualifications when you complete the nomination form
- You do not need to inform your nominee you have submitted, but you cannot submit anonymously
- Nominations are open June 1 – October 15, 2021. Scroll down for nomination form.
The Civic Educator of the Year Awardee:
- Is a K-12 educator in Oregon
- Has participated in Classroom Law Project programs for at least 5 years
- Has participated in training other educators or assisting other educators with resources & regularly shares their expertise to help others in their professional community
- Actively collaborates with colleagues, students, families, & other stakeholders to create a strong culture of Civic Education & Engagement
- Has the respect and admiration of students, parents, colleagues, and the community
- Inspires creativity, critical thinking, active learning, and civic participation
- Is nominated by a colleague, administrator, community member, or participant of a Classroom Law Project program
- Is Honored at the annual Oregon Civics Conference in December and at Classroom Law Project’s Legal Citizen of the Year Awards Dinner
Civic Educator of the Year NominationPlease nominate a colleague for the 2020-21 Civic Educator of the Year using this form.