We love reading and talking about books with our friends and colleagues! Start or join a We the Readers Book Club to participate in this statewide network of teachers reading together. You can also participate in discussions remotely by joining the We the Readers Book Club Discussion Group on Facebook.
We the Readers Book Club is meant to feed our minds and hearts. Conversation is around the book’s content and constitutional connections, but does not need to relate specifically to any curriculum or planning. Primarily, the book club is meant to build friendships and community with teachers and colleagues in your area.
- No Book Club participant is required to attend all of the meetings.
- 3 PDU hours are available for each meeting you DO attend.
- If you would like to earn Lewis & Clark graduate credit for participating, registration by the first meeting and full attendance for all six books is required.
- Join the Portland Metro Book Club
- Join the Medford Book Club: First meeting: Wednesday, November 6 at 4:30.
- Coordinator: Susan Casey
(as book clubs are formed, we will add them to this list)
Start a Book Club in your area:
- Volunteer to be the Club Coordinator for the year.
- Pick a venue that is easy for people to get to. It’s fun if you can include food and drinks!
- You can use the agenda and Constitutional question provided by Classroom Law Project for each meeting, or come up with your own.
- Let us know what your Club thought about that month’s book!
- CLP will help your club members register if they’d like to earn their PDUs or Lewis & Clark graduate credit for participating.