- How do I donate?
- How is Classroom Law Project supported?
- Does Classroom Law Project have an annual report?
- What will my donation support?
- Can I direct my donation to a specific program?
- Is my contribution tax-deductible?
- What is Classroom Law Project’s Employer Identification Number (EIN), also known as a Federal Tax Identification Number?
- How will my gift be recognized?
- Is it safe and secure for me to donate online to Classroom Law Project?
- Whom do I contact if I have a question or problem making an online donation
- Can I make a recurring online donation?
- How do I cancel my recurring online donation?
- My company matches my gifts to 501(c)(3) organizations. Is Classroom Law Project eligible to receive this type of match?
- Can I make a gift of appreciated securities to Classroom Law Project?
- Will Classroom Law Project rent, sell, or trade my personal information?
- Have another question?
- Visit our donation form https://classroomlaw.org/donate/make-a-donation/
- Send a check to:
Classroom Law Project
620 SW Main St Ste 102
Portland OR 97205
- For additional options, contact Robert Hulshof-Schmidt, Director of Communications and Development, firstname.lastname@example.org or 971.282.9770.
While Classroom Law Project receives some revenue from government contracts and participation fees, the majority of our support from donors in the legal, education, and business communities; foundations and trusts; partner organizations; and individual donors like you.
When you Invest in Democracy, you will support our programs teaching students the values and skills essential to participating in our democracy and giving their teachers the quality professional support they need. For more information about the reach of our programs, see our Impact Report from the 2019-20 school year.
We encourage unrestricted donations that give us the flexibility to fund current and emerging programmatic needs. Currently, this includes a strategic focus on expanding our reach to more teachers and students all over Oregon, as well as developing and deploying virtual programs and resources to meet the urgent needs of Oregon’s online classrooms.
Classroom Law Project is a federally recognized 501(c)(3) public charity, so most donations are tax-deductible. Please check with your tax adviser if you have questions about your specific situation.
What is Classroom Law Project’s Employer Identification Number (EIN), also known as a Federal Tax Identification Number?
Our Employer Identification Number is 93-0847940.
We will recognize all donors on our website and in our annual report. You will be able to specify how you would like your name to appear. Gifts of $5,000 or more will be recognized in graduated Major Gift donor levels.
You may also opt out of being recognized, in which case your gift will be included in an “Other Donors” total.
Some gifts may be recognized in additional ways, such as Legal Citizen of the Year Award sponsorships which are noted on the Legal Citizen Award website and event materials.
Yes. We use Stripe, a trusted, accredited, PCI-compliant processor for our online donations: Stripe. You can find out more about their security standards on the Stripe website.
Please direct questions about donating or website issues to email@example.com with the subject line “DONATION PROBLEM”. If you need immediate assistance, contact Robert Hulshof-Schmidt, Director of Development and Communications at 971.282.9770.
Yes! Our donation form has an easy option to set up recurring donations. Simply select the “Monthly” option under DONATION TYPE.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “DONATION CHANGE”. If you need immediate assistance, contact Robert Hulshof-Schmidt, Director of Development and Communications at 971.282.9770.
My company matches my gifts to 501(c)(3) organizations. Is Classroom Law Project eligible to receive this type of match?
Yes, the IRS recognizes Classroom Law Project as a public charity under section 501(c)(3) of the tax code. Please let us know if you or your company need any information from us to help set up the match.
Yes, Classroom Law Project has a brokerage account established to accept donations of stocks, bonds, and other securities. Please contact Robert Hulshof-Schmidt, Director of Development and Communications at email@example.com or 971.282.9770 for more information.
We have a variety of donation opportunities throughout the year, including our Annual Fund drive in November and December, the Legal Citizen of the Year Award Event, donate-while-you-shop options, and more. Visit our Donations page for more details. You can also contact Robert Hulshof-Schmidt, Director of Development and Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org or 971.282.9770.