Multnomah County Courthouse Experience Tour Basics
After checking in at the Portland Classroom Law Project office at Unitus Plaza (1300 SW 6th Avenue, Suite 190), your class day begins with a brief orientation with a guide, who will orient you on what to expect from the tour. You will then watch arraignments, hearings, and trials at the Justice Center and the Multnomah County Circuit Court. (Scroll down to download teacher resources.)
- Tours are available to students grades 5 – 12.
- Tours are offered Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays throughout the school year.
- Tours begin at 9:00am and go to approximately noon.
- Each tour day can accommodate up to 35 students.
- There must be at least 1 adult chaperone per 8 students on the tour.
- Tours are subject to Courthouse rules and docket schedules.
- Please review the Multnomah County Courthouse security policy prior to your tour.
- Ready to book your tour? View the Courthouse Experience Tour Calendar and schedule your class HERE.
- Multnomah County Covid-19 policy: All Courthouse Experience Tour visitors are required to follow the guidelines set by the Circuit Court. Face coverings are required in the Justice Center and the Multnomah County Courthouse. Classroom Law Project staff or volunteers will notify visitors of any changes made to the face coverings policy.
If you have any questions or need to cancel your tour, please contact us by email or call 503-224-4424.
Teacher Resources for Courthouse Experience Tours
Resources for the Classroom
- Courthouse Experience Tours – Observation Worksheet
- Courthouse Experience Tour – Knowledge Organizer
- Multnomah County, Path from Arrest to Case Resolution Handout
Tour Preparation Materials
- Tour Orientation Outline for Guides
- Step by Step Tour Day Procedure for Guides
- Courthouse Experience Tour Docket Terminology Handout