Jackson County Courthouse Experience Tour Basics
- Tours are available to students grades 5 – 12.
- Tours are offered on select Wednesdays throughout the school year beginning in October.
- Tours generally begin at approximately 11:00 am and go to around 1:30 pm.
- Each tour day can accommodate up to 30 students.
- There must be at least 1 adult chaperone per 8 students on the tour.
- Tours are subject to Courthouse rules and docket schedules.
- Please review Jackson County Courthouse security policies prior to your tour.
- Jackson County Covid-19 expectations: All Courthouse Experience Tour visitors are required to follow the guidelines set by the Circuit Court. Effective March 14, 2022, face coverings are no longer required within the Jackson County Circuit Court. Courthouse Experience Tour visitors are still permitted to wear a face covering if they choose. Classroom Law Project staff or volunteers will notify visitors of any changes made to the face coverings policy.
- On some days, an earlier tour, from 9:00 am–11:30 am, may be available. If you prefer or need to have an earlier tour, please notify us at the time of your registration.
- Ready to book your tour? View the Courthouse Experience Tour Calendar and schedule your class HERE.
If you have any questions or need to cancel your tour, please contact Frank Honts, Regional Program Manager, by email or by calling 617-271-4781.
Teacher Resources for Courthouse Experience Tours
- Court Docket Terminology
- Jackson County Circuit Court Sample Docket
- The Oregon Court System
- Fun Facts about Oregon Courts
- The Jackson County Courthouse